Friday, August 13, 2010

Not Counting the Day's!!!

July 19 – Don’t want to count the days to WEG


Horses are going well, Maile and Manny do a trail ride twice a week for verity and building endurance, and then in the ring 3 times a week. Maile is also being played with on line for a second time a day for 20 mins to help her loose the sympathy weight she must have gained for me. Actually she is turned out in a wonderful pasture that has grass so tall that she doesn’t even need to lower her head to eat. For her arthritis it is better though that she is in a pasture moving around then constricted to a paddock.

Manny is doing well; our focus has been to help him become stronger emotionally and mentally. He is extremely capable in his dressage training but really doesn’t enjoy being in the ring and lacks exuberance and the ability to maintain gate and direction without having to be micro managed. To help with this we are developing his other 3 Savvies as I did with Maile when I first got her. Online, Liberty and Freestyle. He really loves liberty and has great impulsion; he is so playful and sticks really close to you. As for the trail rides Manny is so enthusiastic that he doesn’t really think about where his feet are. Ears perked forward marching along, and “Oh my” tripping here and there. But it doesn’t even faze him.

On a bit of a discouraging note I did have my x-rays done and I’ve not been given the go ahead to ride yet. The Dr. Says its healing but not healed yet and to give it another 2 weeks. GRRRRR “god give me emotional fitness” Even more importantly give the people who deal with me a daily bases the ability to smile and not take my snarkiness personally.

P.S. how many calories are in a Taco Bell grilled stuffed Burrito??? Way to many but oh so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment